Yours truly is back on deck after a few weeks off and suffice to say a fair bit has happened in fantasy land… Who’s on the chopping block heading into round 7? Get your trade tips and advice for the week with with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Seamus Mitchell ($208K FWD/DEF, HAW) – 68
The kid looks up to the level! Back to back 60’s should help his job security in the short-medium term. Seamus will most likely be one of the most traded in players this week for those who missed him (i.e., picked Matty Roberts instead…) last week! Dual position status is handy as well.
Josh Rachele ($692K FWD/MID, ADEL) – 102
Gets a mention as a ‘buy’ given his increased midfield minutes, particularly in the last two weeks where he has averaged 99. Crom’s preferred mix at present seems to be Desk Pig, Dawson and Rachele so expect him to continue to push a 90+ average!
Jayden Short ($814K MID, RICH) – 110
If you’re looking for someone a bit left field, Jayden Short might just be your man. While a drawback is that he can only be selected as a mid, he returned to his fantasy conducive half back role on Monday night, sharing kick-in duties and getting plenty of handballs received!
In the Mix: Brayden Fiorini, Alex Cincotta, Tim Kelly.
Harry Sheezel ($751K FWD/DEF, NORF) – 47
It was only a matter of time before the Sheez copped a bit more attention from the opposition… Gold Coast had Holman running with him in the ultimate compliment to the six gamer. Clarkson tried Sheez across half-forward and through the middle but he never really got going on his way to a season low of 47. Don’t panic though, even with the inclusion of Aaron Hall likely to affect his numbers, he has earnt a second chance.
Luke Davies-Uniacke ($824K MID, NORF) – 66
Another Roo who was well down by his lofty standards. Coaches will be frustrated by consecutive scores of <80 but surely there are bigger issues?
Errol Gulden ($763K MID/FWD, SYD) – 70
Symbolic of Sydney’s shambolic performance on Saturday night. Errol always seemed to be around the footy, but a lot of times just didn’t touch it and gave away 4 free kicks! -12 if you don’t mind. Calm down codge! Sydney will be looking to respond and I expect Errol will be on the same page.
In the Mix: Will Setterfield, Liam Baker, Andy Brayshaw.
Darcy Wilmot ($368K DEF/MID, BL) – 22
Wil mot be in many teams beyond now. Period. A rage trade I encourage you to go through with!
Touk Miller ($877K MID, GCS) – 48
Devastating, genuinely sucky. Touk limped from the field with a knee injury in Q3 which was later diagnosed as a lateral meniscus tear. Sadly, it’s a no brainer. Fold.
Brodie Grundy ($807K RUC, MELB) – 54
IN: M.Gawn. OUT: Any semblance of fantasy ability from B.Grundy. Fun fact: When Max and Grundy have lined up in the same team in 2023, Grundy averages 68.5% time on ground! Flabbergasting and not what we need from our ruck stocks.
In the Mix: Matty Roberts, Will Phillips, Alwyn Davey Jnr.
Top 5 Price Rises
- Brent ‘Bunga’ Daniels ($533K FWD | BWS | 0.67% ownership) +$64K
- Seamus Mitchell ($280K FWD/DEF | HAW | 10.82% ownership) +$51K
- Charlie ‘CC’ Cameron ($644K FWD | BL | 1.79% ownership) +$51K
- Fergus Greene ($377K FWD | HAW | 47.17% ownership) +$50K
- Joe ‘GI Joe’ Daniher ($619K FWD | BL | 0.96% ownership) +$50K
Top 5 Price Drops
- Jarryd Lyons ($688K MID | BL | 0.06% ownership) -$75K
- Adam Kennedy ($349K DEF/FWD | BWS| 0.07% ownership) -$62K
- Aiden ‘Apple’ Corr ($467K DEF | NORF | 0.34% ownership) -$51K
- Sam ‘Pal’ Powell-Pepper ($599K FWD | PA | 1.07% ownership) -$51K
- Maaaax Gawn ($798K RUC | MELB | 15.48% ownership) -$51K
- Seamus Mitchell ($280K FWD/DEF | HAW | 10.82% ownership) –13
- Alex ‘Discount Chemist’ Cincotta ($238K MID/DEF | CARL | 16.19% ownership) -9
- Charlie ‘Jesse Sands Wannabe’ Constable ($422K DEF | MID | GCS | 22.54% ownership) 3
- Ryan Angwin ($222K MID/FWD | BWS | 1.27% ownership) 5
- Miller ‘Miles Brother’ Bergman ($282K DEF | NORF | 14.32% ownership) 6
- Jarryd Lyons ($688K MID | BL | 0.06% ownership) – 153
- Clarry Oliver ($1.03m MID | MELB | 36.94% ownership) – 147
- Touk Miller ($877K MID | GCS | 14.1% ownership) – 145
- Maaaax Gawn ($798K RUC | MELB | 15.48% ownership) – 140
- Jack ‘Man of’ Steele ($942k MID | STK | 4.14% ownership) – 139
*ownership % as of 9pm 25 April 2023.
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your early trade thoughts in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70