Who’s on the chopping block heading into round 4? Get your trade tips and advice for the week with with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Caleb Serong ($824k MID, FREO) – 127
Did someone say value? For the past few seasons, Serong has teased us as a potential breakout candidate but has never reach the guddy heights of the top 10-15 fantasy mids in the game… Now, he still may end up being a stepping stone but he has all the tools and that elite inside mid role to make it happen! At $824K, the value is undeniable.
Will Day ($671K DEF, HAW) – 128
This kid is a jet! His role is nothing short of outstanding. Down at Pig Park on the weekend, Day started in the centre bounce and spent periods sitting on a half-back flank racking up +6’s! He’s still technically good value for what he is producing if you still haven’t jumped on! All aboard.
Jacob Van Rooooooooyen ($238K FWD, MELB) – 76
The highly touted pick #19 from 2021’s draft finally got his chance on Sunday arvo vs Sydney and did not disappoint! Don’t expect three goals every week but you’d think he has done enough to hold his spot which will see many coaches jump on.
In the Mix: Tom Stewart, Toby Nankervis, Dyl Moore.
Luke Pedlar ($343K FWD, CROM) – 67
Argh! Pedlar had not missed a beat until he copped a 1 match ban for a sling tackle on Dan Houston in Saturday nights Showdown. He has shown enough to slot straight back in next week and still has plenty of $$ to make so it’s a hold.
Touk Miller ($936K MID, GCS) – 88
A rare down afternoon at the office by Touk’s lofty standard, even in a big win for the Suns. Go ahead and make your rage trade but make sure you reverse it by Thursday!
Errol Gulden ($767K MID/FWD, SYD) – 71
Ferrol second half fadeout from Errol… He still spent plenty of time on ball so it’s certainly not panic stations – a clash with Port on Saturday night presents an opportunity for him to respond!
In the Mix: Jack Sinclair, Jack Ziebell, Finn Callaghan.
Dom Sheed ($613K MID, WCE) – 72
When we’ve got several value picks flying, we can’t be copping military mediocrity… And that’s exactly what Sheed has delivered so far in 2023 with 3×70’s. He’s barely made any coin and it’s now or never to get this fix up trade sealed.
Jason Gorne-Francis ($567K MID/FWD, PA) – 68
Speaking of fix up trades… Horney’s last two weeks have been symbolic of Port’s woes! A 40 into a 60 just won’t do it Jase. Options are to go up to a premo / value selection or down to a rook – just get it done ASA now.
Tanner Bruhn ($464K MID/FWD, GEEL) – 42
I couldn’t have said it any better than in my latest instalment of The Weekend That Was… Ruhning seasons a plenty! Trade, trade, trade.
In the Mix: Hugh McCluggage, Darcy Cameron, Campbell Chesser.
R3 Top Scorers
- Sam Docherty ($950K DEF, CARL) – 136
- James ‘Sick Dog’ Sicily ($909K DEF, HAW) – 132
- Dyl ‘Dynamic Dyl’ Moore ($856K FWD, HAW) – 132
- Will Day ($671K DEF, HAW) – 128
- Sean Darcy ($781K RUC, FREO) – 128
Top 5 Price Rises
- Harry Sheezel ($577K FWD | NORF | 69.83% ownership) +$111K
- Will Day ($671K DEF | HAW | 26.57% ownership) +$68K
- Kade Chandler ($393K FWD | MELB | 36.78% ownership) +$65K
- Reuben Ginbey ($448K DEF/MID | WCE | 74.61% ownership) +$64K
- Cam ‘Macca’ Mackenzie ($404k MID | HAW | 59.51% ownership) +$57K
Top 5 Price Drops
- Alex Witherden ($705k DEF | WCE| 0.45% ownership) -$78K
- Trav ‘Prison Bars’ Boak ($722K MID | PA | 0.2% ownership) -$69K
- Lochie ‘O-O-O’ O’Brien ($440K MID | CARL | 0.2% ownership) -$66K
- Tom Hawkins ($556K FWD | GEEL | 1.45% ownership) -$65K
- Isaac Heeeeeeney ($689K FWD | SYD | 6.65% ownership) -$57K
- Harry Sheezel ($577K FWD | NORF | 69.83% ownership) -21
- Jacob ‘ROOOO’ Van Rooyen ($238K FWD | MELB | 8.91% ownership) -10
- Anthony ‘Hammer Time’ Caminiti ($297K FWD | STK | 15.78% ownership) -5
- Darcy Wilmot ($309K DEF | BL | 57.99% ownership) -5
- Kade Chandler ($393K FWD | MELB | 36.78% ownership) -3
- Max Gawn ($849K RUC | MELB | 16.71% ownership) – 170
- Alex Witherden ($705k DEF | WCE| 0.45% ownership) – 151
- Trav ‘Prison Bars’ Boak ($722K MID | PA | 0.2% ownership) – 149
- Rory ‘Desk Pig’ Laird ($966K MID | CROM | 39.02% ownership) – 144
- Hugh ‘The Luggage’ McCluggage ($772K MID | BL | 0.73% ownership) – 135
*ownership % as of 9pm 3 April 2023. Minimum 2 games played for break evens.
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your early trade thoughts in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70