Who’s on the chopping block heading into round 8? Get your trade tips and advice for the week with with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Alex Cincotta ($301K DEF/MID, CARL) – 77
Cincotta hasn’t missed a beat after stepping into the Carlton side in R6. Huge cash generation incoming (breakeven is -20) after he backed up his debut 76 with a solid 77! Coaches will take comfort knowing that Cincotta held his spot for R7, even with the likes of Doch and Saad returning. Get him in.
Lachie Neale ($829K MID, BL) – 119
Heavily underpriced given what he is capable of on his day, having shed a whopping $118K from his starting price! Having now bottomed out in price, R8 serves as a perfect opportunity to jump on Neale. He will always be at the coalface and he has attended the most CBA’s by any Brisbane mid by far!
Brayden Fiorini ($559K MID, GCS) – 112
If you’re looking for a high-risk, high-reward selection – I give you Brayden Fiorini. He was outstanding on the weekend in the absence of Touk Miller. He has always had a fantasy game, evidenced by his massive 160+ in just his second game of footy back in 2016! Fiorini hit 112 in just 71% game time with 14% CBA’s... Are you glass half-full or half-empty?
In the Mix: Aaron Hall, Jayden Short.
Will Setterfield ($787K MID, ESS) – 54
Yuck. Coaches may look to pull the trigger early given his price is going into freefall mode… However, the weekend was Setters first score below 85 so he has been largely reliable for us – don’t panic!
Lachie Weller ($784K DEF, GCS) – 67
Not ideal from a guy filling a premo position… Go ahead and rage trade, but don’t get sucked in to sideways trading premos as opposed to getting those rooks off the field!
Finn Callaghan ($568K MID, BWS) – 98
After a couple of mediocre weeks, many coaches would have had plans to flick Callaghan in the not-to-distant future… However, Callaghan showed that he is not Finn-ished by posting a season best 98 vs Sydney at the weekend! Coaches may as well ride the cash gen for a few more weeks now!
In the Mix: Dan Rioli, Dyl Moore, Ollie Hollands
Reuben Ginbey ($482K DEF/MID, WCE) – 50
Yep, it’s time. Ginbey has been a solid contributor through 7 rounds but the fact is his cash gen has completely dried up over the past fortnight. He rolls into R8 with a breakeven of 67 so I can’t see his price fattening any further. Upgrade or rookie recycle!
Andrew McGrath ($662K DEF/MID, ESS) – 66
After being a preseason favourite, Andy McGrath averages 76 through 7 games with a top score of 88… He has not lived up to expectations and you can’t continue to cop this mediocrity!
Mitch Duncan ($727K DEF, GEEL) – 66
After beating up on Hawthorn three weeks ago for 127, Duncan’s scores read 55, 44, 66. Hopefully you didn’t get sucked in! We have rookies doing better than this. Trade now while he still has (some) cash on his head!
In the Mix: Ollie Wines, Callum ‘Pills, Thrills’ Mills, Jack Macrae.
Top 5 Price Rises
- Nic ‘Master of Flat Track’ Newman ($826K DEF | CARL | 1.13% ownership) +$70K
- Tom ‘Jennifer’ Hawkins ($624k FWD | GEEL | 1.48% ownership) +$65K
- Alex ‘Discount Chemist’ Cincotta ($301K MID/DEF | CARL | 39.41% ownership) +$63K
- Ned Reeves ($528K RUC | HAW | 1.01% ownership) +$59K
- Charlie Ballard ($531K DEF | GCS | 0.2% ownership) +$58K
Top 5 Price Drops
- James ‘Horse’ Harmes ($516K MID/FWD | MELB | 0.2% ownership) -$71K
- Benny Keays ($646K MID/FWD | CROM | 0.86% ownership) -$56K
- Matthew Kennedy ($714K MID | CARL | 0.44% ownership) -$55K
- Jack Scrimshaw ($546K DEF | HAW | 0.25% ownership) -$54K
- Harry Schoenberg ($453K MID | CROM | 0.25% ownership) -$53K
- Alex ‘Discount Chemist’ Cincotta ($301K MID/DEF | CARL | 39.41% ownership) -20
- Samson Ryan ($353K RUC/FWD | RICH | 42% ownership) -1
- Matthew Johnson ($280K MID | FREO | 24.17% ownership) 0
- Rory ‘The Racing Car’ Atkins ($386k DEF/MID | GCS | 2.41% ownership) 3
- Ryan Angwin ($251K MID/FWD | BWS | 7.26% ownership) 3
- Jarryd Lyons ($688K MID | BL | 0.06% ownership) – 154
- Brad Crouch ($912K MID | STK | 2.31% ownership) – 147
- Touk Miller ($877K MID | GCS | 5.57% ownership) – 146
- Luke ‘UDL’ Davies-Uniacke ($824K MID | NORF | 4.29% ownership) – 135
- Matthew Kennedy ($714K MID | CARL | 0.44% ownership) – 134
*ownership % as of 10pm 1 May 2023.
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your early trade thoughts in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70