Trading in players coming off their bye will be the flavour of the week as coaches look to minimise the damage and maximise scoring over the coming two bye weeks… Who’s on the chopping block heading into round 13? Get your trade tips and advice for the week with with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Josh Kelly ($908K MID, GWS) – DNP
Of all the midfield premos coming off the bye, Kelly is the pick of the bunch. If you are in a position to pay top dollar, don’t hesitate! Kelly has hit 120+ in 4 of his last 5 outings to make him one of the form players of the competition!
Zac Merrett ($790K MID, ESS) – DNP
Did someone say value? While Essington have had a horrendous season, most coaches would say that Zac is heavily under-priced given what he is capable of! Has shed $135K off his starting price and is coming off the bye. Are you willing to pounce?
Mitch Owens ($266K MID, STK) – DNP
Shaping as our best downgrade target this week coming off 95 in round 11. Assuming he is named, get him in and watch the $$$ roll in!
In The Mix: Stephen Coniglio, Dan Houston, Ollie Wines, Jack Sinclair.
Tom Stewart ($870K DEF, GEEL) – 44
After starting the game like a house on fire, Stew was grounded with concussion following an incident with Bazlenka. He was subbed out with concussion, managing 44 in 25% game time. The silver lining for coaches is that with the AFL’s 12-day concussion protocol, he technically won’t miss a match assuming he is deemed fit to return in R14.
Benny Keays ($813K MID, CROM) – 84
Dropped $22K in another mediocre performance by Benny’s lofty standards… This was even against the Traffic Cones adding to what has been a somewhat worrying month for Keays and his scoring. I’m still backing him in to lift in the second half of the season following the bye – he still averages an elite 106!
Josh Dunkley ($887K FWD/MID, WB) – 84
Dunks has seemingly been deployed more as a forward in recent times in more Bevo antics. However, he still carries a 3 round average of 108 and surely at some stage will return to that inside mid role given Bevo’s form?
In the Mix: Christian Petracca, Greg Clark, Jed Anderson.
Bazlenka ($872K MID/FWD, WB) – 63
My word it has been two weeks from hell for Baz owners! Firstly, heading into round 11 he comes down with Flurona. Then, he comes back (with new DPP) and proceeds to be a bone-head and headbutt Zac Touhy on his way to a pox 63! The cherry on top? Suspended for two weeks and won’t be back until round 16… You can’t justify having $872K on the pine for three weeks!
Paddy McCartin ($460K DEF/FWD, SYD) – 68
Paddy has been really solid for coaches since returning from yet another concussion incident in round 8, culminating in a 5 round average of 66! A great footy comeback story but it’s time to thank Paddy for his services and move him on with Swans bye this week.
Robbie McComb ($396K MID/FWD, WB) – 50
Much like McCartin, rolls into the bye this week having only made $9K last weekend… His best money making days are over and has peaked in value!
In The Mix: Sam De Koning, Cooper Stephens, Tim Taranto.
Top 5 Price Rises
- Big Cammo ($748K RUCK/FWD | COLL | 15.29% ownership) +$54K
- Minairo ‘Flagmantle / on the piss’ Frederick ($455K FWD | FREO | 1.76% ownership) +$52K
- Joel Jeffrey ($339K FWD | GCS | 13.19% ownership) +$48K
- Jake Soligo ($351K MID | ADEL | 20.7% ownership) +$47K
- Jackson Hately ($631K MID | CROM | 6.06% ownership) +$43K
Top 5 Price Falls
- Patrick Naish ($424K MID/FWD | TC’s | 2.28% ownership) -$74K
- Harry Schoenberg ($530K MID | CROM | 0.38% ownership) -$53K
- Benny ‘Boner’ Brown ($343K FWD | MELB | 5% ownership) -$49K
- Jeremy Sharp ($416K MID | GCS | 0.26% ownership) -$48K
- Christian Salem ($674K DEF | MELB | 7.71% ownership) -$43K
- Luke Cleary ($261K DEF | WB | 11.02% ownership) -9
- Jacob Wehr ($256k DEF | GWS | 11.58% ownership) -9
- Mitch ‘Ito’ Owens ($266k MID | STK | 13.04% ownership) -8
- Joel Jeffrey ($339K FWD | GCS | 13.19% ownership) 4
- Jake Soligo ($351K MID | ADEL | 20.7% ownership) 4
- Christian ‘CP5’ Petracca ($833K MID | MELB | 33.84% ownership) 144
- Bazlenka ($872K MID/FWD | WB | 22.6% ownership) 141
- Patrick Cripps ($806K MID | CARL | 36.23% ownership) 133
- Callan Ward ($596K MID | BWS | 0.25% ownership) 132
- Tom Stewart ($870K DEF | GEEL | 13.54% ownership) 132
*Ownership % as of 11pm 6 June 2022. Filtered as relevant.
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your trade plans in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70