Fantasy finals are finally upon us… coaches will be desperate to make every trade a winner! Who’s on the chopping block heading into round 20? Get your trade tips and advice for the week with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Max Gawn ($778K RUCK, MELB) – 133
Big Max is back. While he has some tricky match ups in the final month, this hasn’t been an issue in the past! The fact that you can save cash from going ROB –> Max this week is sh*thousery of the highest order. You won’t get him available any cheaper than this!
Rowan Marshall ($759K RUCK/FWD, STK) – 108
Continuing on the big man theme with Rowan Marshall, who ticks a lot of boxes in the absence of his partner in crime Paddy Ryder. With Ryder likely out for the rest of the season, the time to pounce is now with the #1 ruck role all but certain for the rest of the season!
Callum ‘Pills, Thrills’ Mills ($904K MID, SYD) – 118
Sung his praises last week in this article and after the weekend it’s fair to say lightning strikes twice! Has a great run with fixtures in the final month and at $904K, it’s got to be tempting. If you needed more convincing, he averages 10+ tackles in the past three weeks – that’s 40+ free points without touching the pill!
In the Mix: Jai Culley, Elijah Hollands, Bazlenka Sm(n)iff.
Christian Petracca ($811K MID, MELB) – 69
Yikes. Trac has had the tendency to drop bombs with four sub 80 scores this season… Given what he is capable of and what he had shown the previous month, keep the faith and look elsewhere with your trades!
Mitch Duncan ($817K MID/FWD, GEEL) – 62
Speaking of yikes… classic 18 points in the first 10 minutes only to fade, crash and burn to 62! In all seriousness, his previous four weeks were nothing short of outstanding so no need to panic here.
Jack Sinclair ($892K DEF/MID, STK) – 88
A down game by Sinclair and his mega calves lofty standard but this is a hold. No brainer.
In the Mix: Lachie ‘Jye’s Bunny’ Neale, Nick Daicos, Stephen Coniglio.
Darcy Cameron ($736K RUCK/FWD, COLL) – 34
Well that stunk. Out of nowhere big Cammo drops a 34 after an 11 week hot streak of 83+ scores! On the weekend, Cox seemed to be shouldering much more of the ruck load to the detriment of Cameron’s output. With the return of Grundy looming, it may be a convenient time to cash out! He has been awesome for us but it’s time to move him on.
Jayden Short ($760K DEF/MID, RICK) – 83
Okay this is a little controversial, but hear me out. Fact: Short has not tonned in the past month. Fact: Short is playing this hybrid half forward/midfield role… to the detriment if his scoring. While his output has not been disastrous, it has been far from ideal! Now that I’ve said this watch him go out and pump a 120+! I have too many other issues to deal with in my spud farm so won’t be doing it… but I’m sure someone out there had a luxury trade to burn!
George Hewett ($766k DEF/MID, CARL) – DNP
This really stings for coaches who opted to hold with Hewett likely to miss again this week with back soreness… According to Carlton, he is a week-by-week proposition which is a real concern, even beyond this week. With no definitive return set and finals in full swing, it’s hard to justify holding and fielding a bench player again!
In the Mix: Dan Houston, Nic ‘Alpha’ Martin, Ollie Wines.
Top 5 Price Rises
- Jai ‘F6/M8 Cheat Codes’ Culley ($289K MID/FWD | WCE | 20.07% ownership) +$65K
- Noah ‘Points Disease’ Cumberland ($331K MID/FWD | RICH | 6.83% ownership) +$63K
- Robbie Fox ($583K DEF | SYD | 1.16% ownership) +$58K
- Josh ‘Psychiatric’ Ward ($530K MID | HAW | 11.76% ownership) +$47K
- Callum M Brown ($336K DEF/FWD | GWS | 11.12% ownership) +$43K
Top 5 Price Falls
- Tim Kelly ($640K MID | WCE | 1.22% ownership) -$60K
- Josh Barooooose ($444K FWD | WB | 0.22% ownership) -$51K
- Jack Billings ($655K MID | STK | 0.39% ownership) -$49K
- Shane ‘Gilbert’ McAdam ($450K FWD | 0.31% ownership) -$45K
- Nat ‘The Knife’ Fyfe ($540K MID | DOKERS | 1.02% ownership) -$45K
- Jai ‘F6/M8 Cheat Codes’ Culley ($289K MID/FWD | WCE | 20.07% ownership) -28
- Noah ‘Points Disease’ Cumberland ($331K MID/FWD | RICH | 6.83% ownership) -15
- Ash Johnson ($247K FWD | COLL | 4.59% ownership) -3
- Elijah Hollands ($217K MID/FWD | GCS | 36.17% ownership) -1
- Benny ‘Medi-Sub Fraud’ Miller ($279K DEF | SPUDMOND | 4.58% ownership) 1
- Darcy Parish ($824K MID | ESS | 2.79% ownership) 150
- Clayton ‘Clarry’ Oliver ($934k MID | MELB | 21.13% ownership) 144
- Cameron ‘Zach’s Brother’ Guthrie ($854K MID | GEEL | 3.13% ownership) 141
- Josh ‘Jelly’ Kelly ($822K MID | GWS | 3.48% ownership) 137
- Darcy ‘Big Cammo’ Cameron ($736K FWD/RUCK | COLL | 16.07% ownership) 136
*Ownership % as of 7pm 26 July 2022. Filtered as relevant.
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your trade plans in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70