Get your trade tips and advice heading into round 4 with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Sam Docherty ($855K DEF, CARL) – 138
What a story. Following a recurrence of testicular cancer back in August 2021, the Doch we know and love is well and truly back! Showed on the weekend that the ceiling is still there racking up 33 disposals and 13 marks. Will challenge for a top-6 defender spot!
Timmy English ($769K RUCK/FWD, WB) – 138
Big Timmy has made the #1 ruck mantle his own this season and has been colossal so far with 3/3 fantasy tons! If he can sustain this form, there is still value there at <$800K. Looks to be playing full of confidence, jump on and ride the high!
Jake Bowey ($475K DEF, MELB) – 78
Role, tick. Job security, tick. Scoring potential, tick (so far). Bowey is ticking a lot of boxes here and his half-back role should continue with Salem out for at least another month. Has a breakeven of 11 heading into round 4, so plenty of $$$ to be made! May save coaches having to field a spud at D6… looking at you Skinner and Gibcus!
In the Mix: Nick Blakey, Nathan O’Driscoll, Braydon Preuss
Touk Miller ($981K MID, GCS) – 68
Ouch… Particularly for those that backed Touk as captain with such great history vs GWS! By all means, go ahead and rage trade… just make sure you have reversed it by Thursday night or Touk will make you pay!
Josh Rachele ($414K MID/FWD, ADEL) – 42
A quiet game for the highly touted youngster, but there is still cash to be made here! No point trading out a rook who has cash to generate and can (usually) be relied upon to play on your field. Has a breakeven of 27 heading into round 4.
Jack Macrae ($931K MID, WB) – 75
Macca was on track for another low ton until he got Bevo’d… outcast to a wing in the last quarter for a grand total of -1! Surely was sh*t enough to avoid the dreaded wing role in future weeks?
In the Mix: Tom Mitchell, Jack Steele, Lachie Neale
Cameron Guthrie ($850K MID, GEEL) – 91
3 games in and Guth is yet to register a ton and is bleeding cash. Cash out now while you can get him to an uber-premium!
Shai Bolton ($629K MID/FWD) – 64
Probably a better player than Fantasy player… if that makes any sense! More of an impact player than an accumulator making him an unviable option in Fantasy. Trade now while you can get him to someone good.
Rowan Marshall ($729K RUCK, STK) – 66
Tough… but as long as Ryder is in the team I’d be a) trading or b) avoid him like the plague. Spent extended stints as a forward which is pox for us Fantasy coaches!
In the Mix: Taylor Adams, Sam Skinner
Round 3 Top Scorers
- Angus Brayshaw ($663K MID, MELB) – 156
- Sam Docherty ($855K DEF, CARL) – 138
- Patrick Cripps ($810K MID, CARL) – 138
- Timmy English ($769K RUCK/FWD, WB) – 138
- Josh Dunkley ($831K MID/FWD, WB) – 132
Top 5 Price Rises
- Nic Martin ($348K FWD | ESS | 39.59% ownership) +$82K
- Angus Brayshaw ($663K MID | MELB | 9.51% ownership) +71K
- Nick Daicos ($457K MID | COLL | 70.33% ownership) +$67K
- Patrick Naish ($441K MID/FWD | WCE | 3.2% ownership) +$63K
- Patrick Cripps ($810K MID | CARL | 42.12% ownership ) +61K
Top 5 Price Drops
- Chad Wingard ($598K MID/FWD | HAW | 1.54% ownership) -$56K
- Todd Goldstein ($612K RUCK | NM | 1.12% ownership) -$56K
- Trent McKenzie ($478K DEF | PA | 0.19% ownership) -$54K
- Jack Scrimshaw ($617K DEF | HAW | 0.49% ownership) -$51K
- Jake Waterman ($505k FWD | WCE | 0.32% ownership) -49K
- Nic Martin ($348K FWD | ESS | 39.59% ownership) -31
- Aaron Black ($221K MID | WCE | 0.48% ownership) -3
- Tristan Xerri ($414K FWD | NM | 23.2% ownership) 0
- Hugh Dixon ($226K FWD/RUCK | WCE | 41% ownership) 1
- Patrick Naish ($441K MID/FWD | WCE | 3.2% ownership) 1
- Christian Salem ($717K DEF | MELB | 8.64% ownership) – 160
- Touk Miller ($981K MID | GCS | 21.54% ownership) – 156
- Jack Macrae ($931K MID | WB | 46.62% ownership) – 152
- Kyle Langford ($667K MID | ESS | 0.08% ownership) – 150
- Jack Steele ($962K MID | STK | 26.02% ownership) – 145
*Ownership % as of 11pm 4 April 2022
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your trade plans in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70