And then there were two… What a season it has been with the Big Dance finally here! These last two trades could differentiate who claims ultimate bragging rights! Who’s on the chopping block heading into round 23? Get your trade tips and advice for the week with Buy, Hold, Fold!
Sam Docherty ($874K DEF, CARL) – 123
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any better… Doch gets deployed at the centre bounce and continues to dominate! At half-back or through the midfield, I’m forecasting another massive score vs the Pies at the G on Sunday arvo. If you needed any further convincing, the Blues have it all to play given their precarious ladder position – you imagine they’ll be up for it!
Aaron Hall ($714k DEF, NORF) – 113
With just 120 minutes of footy to get through, Hall is ticking a lot of boxes here. Back under the roof at Marvel vs the Suns which will suit his high kick-mark game. The ceiling is there and Hall will likely be a unique selection which could give you a leg up in the Big Dance if he can go bonkers! Worth the punt.
Angus Brayshaw ($816K MID/DEF, MELB) – 123
Continued on his merry way playing as a pure midfielder vs Carlton and had leather poisoning by the end of the night was a massive 38 touches! He’ll be right in the thick of it again this week in a high stakes clash vs Brisbane. Jump on!
In the Mix: Sean Darcy, Tom Lynch, Mitch Duncan.
Jack Steele ($892K MID, STK) – 65
Incredibly, this 65 was Steeley’s lowest score in about three years! Sydney will be tough but I expect him to bounce back like all champions do. Sure, go ahead and ‘rage trade’ but make sure you reverse prior to lockout!
Andrew Brayshaw ($876K MID, FREO) – 78
Well, that’s the last time I trust bray with the C this season… Slight flag with a potential Perryman tag coming but has the attributes to work through it and finish the Fantasy season with a bang!
Lachie Neale ($784k MID, BL) – 60
Another pox score from Neale as Windhager dry-humped him for 120 minutes… Good news for owners is that Melbourne did not run with any tags vs Carlton so I can’t imagine Neale cops too much extra attention here!
In the Mix: Hugh McCluggage, Zach Merrett, Will Brodie.
Jed Anderson ($681K MID/FWD, NORF) – 59
Ando was on track for another solid score until he got poleaxed in a marking contest in Q3 vs Crom… He somehow returned to the field but eventually went off with concussion and will not play in R23.
Tim English ($745K RUCK/FWD, WB) – 69
A little controversial but if Sweet/Martin are named again, it has to be strongly considered! We see #1 ruck man scoring go to sh*t once they begin sharing ruck duties which doesn’t bode well for big Timmy if one of the other big blonks are named.
Jack Sinclair ($837K DEF/MID, STK) – 96
And you thought English was a little controversial… I know what you are thinking “Fantasy Fanatic has lost his marbles once and for all!” However, hear me out. Long story short, I think Sinclair cops the Ryan Clarke tag this week as the Swans tune up for finals. In recent weeks, Clarke has done a job on Daicos (63), Cumming (80) and Himmelberg (69) and Brodie Smith (63). In all of these games, the players mentioned have had role changes to counter the tag and impact the game elsewhere… Fair to say it hasn’t really paid off from a Fantasy perspective! It would take some kahunas, but the reasoning is there!
In the Mix: Adam Treloar, Jayden Short, Jack Crisp, Nick Daicos.
Top 5 Price Rises
- Elijah ‘Dutchy’ Hollands ($398K MID/FWD | GCS | 38.02% ownership) +$76K
- Nick Haynes ($506K DEF | GWS | 0.55% ownership) +$65K
- Tommy Lynch ($578k FWD | RICH | 1.3% ownership) +$55K
- Liam Druggan ($722k DEF/MID | WCE | 1.4% ownership) +$46K
- Zac ‘Rent free in my head’ Butters ($710K FWD/MID | PA | 16.22% ownership) +$43K
Top 5 Price Falls
- Greg Clark ($370K MID | WCE | 14.92% ownership) -$50K
- Hugh Greenwood ($567k MID | NORF | 0.62% ownership) -$48K
- Benny ‘Bevo’d by Nicksy’ Keays ($716K MID | CROM | 7.07% ownership) -$44K
- Rory ‘Sh*t hair’ Lobb ($519K FWD | FREO | 0.61% ownership) -$44K
- Jack Steele ($892K MID | STK | 25.92% ownership) -$42K
- Brynn Teakle ($235K RUCK/FWD | PA | 17.13% ownership) -13
- Elijah ‘Dutchy’ Hollands ($398K MID/FWD | GCS | 38.02% ownership) -7
- Kallan Dawson ($295K DEF | NM | 5.25% ownership) -4
- Maurice Rioli ($264K MID/FWD | RICH | 17.73% ownership) 1
- Josh ‘Frankie’ Worrell ($278K DEF | ADEL | 7.71% ownership) 5
- Rory ‘Desk Rig’ Laird ($1.04m MID | CROM | 19.94% ownership) 167
- Jack Steele ($892K MID | STK | 25.92% ownership) 158
MarettMerrett ($955K MID | ESS | 14.39% ownership) 155
- Hugh ‘Luggage’ McCluggage ($860K MID | BL | 2.42% ownership) 143
- Benny Cunnington ($803K MID | NORF | 0.16% ownership) 135
*Ownership % as of 10pm 16 August 2022. Filtered as relevant.
So who’s on the chopping block in your squad? Share your trade plans in the comments below!
Fantasy Fanatic #70
P.S: Thank you to all my loyal followers for getting around the Buy, Hold, Fold on a Wednesday night in season 2022! Your support means more than you think! Hopefully I held up my end of the bargain and provided some good trade advice each and every week.